Friday, January 3, 2014

Left for Dead

https://twitter.com/LeftForDeadshop
So there is a great new record store in Birmingham, I found the place from a leaflet left amongst the local mags in a pile by the entrance to COW.  and you know what? is brilliant everything you could want from a record store, its quiet  which is good considering what HMV  is like this time of year. its easy to to find (right in the centre of the Custard Factory) and  it has a great range of CD's,  and vinyls as well as some rare prints on sale and a few books. 


The guy who runs it is genuinely friendly and passionate about music. I chatted with him for a good half an hour  and he recommended me music i'd never heard of, music i had heard of, and music I already love, which shows he knows what's good. 
Its nice inside there, clean. natural light, small but not too cramped and it has a mix of records pre-owned by the man himself and new releases. After a while I decided to buy two Albums -Jon Hopkins, 'Immunity' and 'Champagne Holocaust' by The Fat White Family (Both Brilliant albums). 

I'll definitely be coming back to this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment